The City Series – Washington D.C. was an invitation-only event with limited capacity, yet aimed to be inclusive and all-encompassing by welcoming diverse viewpoints from participants within and outside of the industry for true debate, dialogue and formation of solutions. This event was presented by Energy Dialogues LLC, a distinguished international alliance of energy leaders, and took place at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies. Its objective was to bring subject matter experts, policymakers, socio-environmental representatives and C-level leaders from all stages of the energy value chain together to connect and form partnerships through in-depth discussion of the energy market’s role in the economy and the world at large.
Washington D.C. Energy Dialogues
In May 2019, Energy Dialogues LLC, in collaboration with academic partner Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, proudly presented Washington D.C. Energy Dialogues.
Some objectives and focus points were:
- Trade Talks & Energy – A Spotlight on Latest Developments in Washington, D.C.
- Policies, Regulations and a Closer Look at What a New Green Deal Could Look Like
- Perspectives on Global Energy Access and Solutions to Eradicating Energy Poverty – Emerging Initiatives & The Need For Efficient Collaboration on a Global Scale
- Energy Innovation – What Is The Potential For Transformation Across The Value Chain Through Technology, Digitalization and Innovation?
- Changing Consumer Patterns in a Rapidly Transforming Energy Demand and Landscape
President and COO, Falvez Energy / WindHQ
Vice President, Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Adjunct Lecturer in the Energy, Resources and Environment Program, Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
Assistant Professor of Energy, Resources, and Environment and Canadian Studies Fellow, Initiative for Sustainable Energy Policy, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University
Manager, External Affairs, Sempra LNG
Program Director, Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries, Inter-American Dialogue
Principal, Boston Consulting Group
“Very knowledgable participants with well grounded and creative insights.”
– Larry Eisenstat, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
“Excellent event in which people share views openly.”
– Michael Kagan, Senior Vice President, Concentric Energy Advisors
“The Washington D.C. Energy Dialogues was a highly educational workshop with insights from different sectors including industry, academia and government agencies.”
– Sakineh Tavakkoli, Postdoctoral Fellow, Energy, Resources, and Environment, Johns Hopkins, SAIS