San Francisco Energy Dialogues
Energy Dialogues, LLC, in collaboration with academic partner Stanford Natural Gas Initiative, proudly presented San Francisco Energy Dialogues.
Objectives and focus points included:
- Meeting Future Energy Demand in the Era of Decarbonization
- Changing the Narrative of Energy
- Energy Storage Solutions – What Part Will They Play in Creating Viable, Sustainable Future Energy Systems?
- Energy Access and Energy Poverty Solutions
- The Role of Natural Gas in a Transitioning World?
- Innovation and Competitiveness of Net Zero Carbon Energy Solutions
- Silicon Valley and the Oil and Gas Industry
Past San Francisco Energy Dialogues Speakers
Associate Professor in the Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Stanford University
Managing Director Stanford NGI, Stanford University
Partner, Baker Botts L.L.P.
VP Corporate Science and Technology Projects, Total
VP Commercialization, Malta, Inc.
Project Leader, Boston Consulting Group
Managing Director of the Stanford Center for Carbon Storage and the Stanford Carbon Initiative, Stanford University
Molly Tirpak Sterkel
Program Manager, Infrastructure Planning and Permitting Branch, California Public Utilities Commission, Energy Division
Vice President, Strategy and Engagement, and Chief Environmental Officer, SoCalGas
Associate Director of the Program on Energy and Sustainable Development, Stanford University
By Invitation Only
The City Series – San Francisco was an invitation-only event with limited capacity, yet aimed to be inclusive and all encompassing by welcoming diverse viewpoints from participants within and outside of the industry for true debate, dialogue, and formation of solutions. This event was presented by Energy Dialogues LLC, a distinguished international alliance of energy leaders, and took place at Stanford University. Its objective was to bring subject matter experts, policymakers, socio-environmental representatives, and C-level leaders from all stages of the energy value chain together to connect and form partnerships through in-depth discussion of the energy market’s role in the economy and the world at large.
“The San Francisco Energy Dialogues provided diverse topics and perspectives, as well as opportunities for considering solutions to energy challenges.”
– Connie Van der Byl, Director Institute for Environmental Sustainability and Assistant Professor, Mount Royal University, Calgary - Institute for Environmental Sustainability
“The San Francisco Energy Dialogues event provided a collaborative, open environment to discuss, reflect on, and sharpen perspectives on the most pressing energy challenges of today.”
- Anshuman Sahoo, Project Leader, Boston Consulting Group
“A day well spent debating the issues facing the energy sector with a broad group of stakeholders across the industry.”
– Robert Schwiers, Chief Economist, Chevron
“An insightful and honest outlook on the energy scene.”
– Roberto Calandrini, Innovation & Technology Manager, SNAM
“Best forum for discussion on energy topics in the industry.”
George Wayne, Director, Market Services, KMI Gas Pipeline Group, Kinder Morgan
“Different, sometimes conflicting perspectives are the genesis of a responsible and healthy business strategy.”
Neal Patel, Managing Partner, CP2 Partners
“Great networking opportunity, can capture the pulse via cross-industry perspectives.”
Joe Powell, Chief Scientist - Chemical Engineering, Shell