NETWORKING WELCOME BREAKFAST
WHAT IS PREVENTING THE MEXICAN NATURAL GAS MARKET FROM BECOMING TRULY COMPETITIVE?
● Have CRE’s monthly price reports provided enough transparency for the market?
● Are CFE and PEMEX “playing fair” in their gas capacity auctions?
● Are FERC regulated pipelines creating obstacles in the ability for U.S. producers and marketers to compete in the market?
● Is CRE’s inability to regulate CFE International becoming a barrier to a truly competitive market?
THE COMMERCIALIZATION OF THE FUELS MARKET AND ITS IMPACT ON MIDSTREAM AND DOWNSTREAM PROJECTS
● Is this new “gold rush” seeing an increase in developer interest in midstream and downstream projects?
● Will we start to more cross-border activity, or more domestic upstream activity?
● What are some of the regional obstacles that new developments will need to be wary of?
● How will favoritism towards Pemex be monitored and controlled?
NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF THE SYMBIOTIC U.S.-MEXICO NATURAL GAS RELATIONSHIP?
● Will Mexico continue to rely on U.S. natural gas imports or will we see an increase in domestic production?
● What role does NAFTA play in the ability to get U.S. natural gas across the border?
● Will shale gas mark an end to the dependency on U.S. natural gas imports? How far away is that reality?
● What potential impact can the Mexican elections have on U.S.-Mexico energy trade?
HOW DOES MEXICO SCORE WHEN IT COMES TO INTERNAL RATE OF RETURN (IRR) ON MIDSTREAM PROJECTS?
● How have construction delays impacted developers and who ends up footing the bill?
● Have there been any success stories to date?
● What have been some of the added costs from local government, indigenous and land right issues that developers have had to endure?
● What has kept potential pipeline bidders from participating in auctions?
NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR THE STORAGE MARKET?
● How will the opportunities differ from region to region?
● How do investors view storage opportunities?
● Are there potential political and legal challenges ahead from local governments and activist groups?
● What is the timeline for storage to become fully developed in Mexico?
THE IMPACT OF EMISSIONS TARGETS AND CHANGES TO ELECTRICITY GENERATION FUEL SOURCES
● What will Mexico’s clean energy targets do the the demand for gas?
● For how long does gas-powered electricity generation look like a viable option?
● Has the recent voluntary cap and trade program affected industrial consumption of natural gas?
● Does the Mexican Development Bank’s support of clean energy projects sway whether the financial community will continue to support natural gas projects?